-
September 18th, 2000, 05:31 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I am wondering if someone can give me a good method to test for exhaust leaks..
Also, I'm wondering if someone may know where to get 3" rubber hosing, that for example comes with F-Max turbo kits...
Thanks!
-
September 19th, 2000, 01:09 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Where on the exhaust do you think it's leaking ? I had mine leaking around the exhaust manifold and the wastegate... just pop the hood and rev it up a bit while looking at the engine and you can hear a farting noise which just isnt proper.... hence exhaust leaks... also look around for carbon build up.. i had it all over the front side of the engine head...
As for the rubber hosing.. i got all mind direct from Turbonetics... it whatever color u want.. any of the sizes....
-
September 19th, 2000, 01:14 PM
#3
Inactive Member
My local NAPA store sells the tubing. It ain't cheap!
-
September 19th, 2000, 05:40 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Ya I found the exhaust leak... as I suspected, right side of the manifold, as denoted by the layer of carbon and the missing head bolt nut!!
DAMNED!
As for rubber hosing, i went to NAPA and they had this cheap vinyl shit, is that what you're talking about??
-
September 19th, 2000, 06:16 PM
#5
Inactive Member
It was like the stuff that comes with intakes.
Greg
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks